Project Worker – Volunteer Placement Services:
Hours / fixed term contract: 17.5 hours per week (part-time)
Location: Unit 4, Whitefriars, Aungier Street, Dublin 2
Salary: €26,390 gross pro-rata/€14.50 per hour
Fixed term contract: 9 months
Interested in joining our team? We are looking for someone to help support our work in the areas of information provision, volunteer placement support services and customer relations management. A team player and excellent communicator, you will be able to connect with and engage people from all walks of life.
Ideally, you will have the ability to empathise with the life situation of potential volunteers and possess the technical competencies required to progress and monitor volunteers’ placements.
We promote the value of volunteering and increase the range and quality of volunteering in Dublin city.
Overview of Role:
We’re hiring a Project Worker, responsible for assisting the current Placement Team (staff and volunteers) to deliver an accessible and quality-focused volunteer placement service across Dublin city. It is anticipated that the breakdown of tasks for this role will be roughly 60% IT based tasks, 30 % interpersonal support and 10 % online marketing and event management.
Key areas of work:
- Help facilitate the placement of individuals seeking volunteer opportunities in Dublin city – providing information to people interested in volunteering; processing volunteer applications; referring volunteers to organisations; keeping in touch with them after their placement begins to ensure their volunteering experience is a positive one.
- Act as a first point of contact for people inquiring about volunteering in person or on the phone; meet people for one-to-one appointments where requested; provide them with adequate information and refer them to the appropriate staff member if required.
- Maintain accurate and methodical records relating to volunteers and the placement process and conduct regular quality checks and data cleansing activities.
- Maintain an overview of placement related tasks and distribute these to office volunteers on a daily basis.
- Update the website with latest volunteer opportunities.
- Assist with planning and delivering volunteering events such as Volunteering while Learning English Workshop, Volunteer Information Evenings and the annual Volunteer Fair.
- Help establish the needs and interests of registered volunteers, and promote DCVC’s services and events to them via online marketing tools; increase the engagement rate of volunteers through online marketing.
- Actively participate in peer learning and development within the Centre.
- Help gather data/research information, as requested, for the purposes of board reports, funding proposals or progress reports.
- Work with the staff team to enhance the services of the Centre and meet the targets set out in the workplan.
- General administrative duties as they relate to the role.
- Such other duties which do not change the nature of the post, as may be determined by the Supervisor/Centre manager.
- Personal experience of volunteering
- A mind-set and values that support DCVC’s mission and a commitment to the objectives of the role
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience in the community and voluntary sector (this can be at a paid or voluntary capacity)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, and ability to multitask
- Strong IT competencies (Microsoft Office suite and online platforms/ tools)
- Strong inter-personal skills, professional telephone manner and ability to develop positive working relationships with a wide range of people
- Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to support people on their volunteering journey
- Accurate and methodological approach to work planning and implementation
- Ability to work as part of a small team and on own initiative
- Willingness to take part in peer learning, continuous quality improvement and accept feedback
- Flexible, with willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours, as is occasionally required
Desirable Criteria (non-essential)
- A relevant third level qualification
- Experience of working with CRM software (Salesforce or equivalent)
- Experience in information provision or customer service
- Experience of organising and executing successful events
- Experience with planning and implementing online marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in using any of the following: Vertical Response, WordPress, Get Feedback, SurveyMonkey (training will be provided)
Please click below to download the relevant documents:
Applications should be made by way of application form and short cover letter and sent in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Dublin City Volunteer Centre
Unit 4, Whitefriars, Aungier Street, Dublin 2
Closing Date for receipt of application forms and cover letters is 5.00 pm, 23rd of March 2018 (late applications or C.V.s will not be accepted).
Interviews will take place on Thursday, 5th April. Successful shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete two short practical tasks on the day of the interview (one computer-based task, one telephone-based task). Time will be given to candidates to prepare.
The role will be based at Dublin City Volunteer Centre. The 17.5 hours can be worked Tuesday to Friday.
For further information visit www.volunteerdublincity.ie or contact James Appleton via email or phone on 01 473 7482.
Dublin City Volunteer Centre is an equal opportunities employer.