Dublin City Volunteer Centre works to build the capacity of community and voluntary organisations to involve volunteers effectively. As well as providing a volunteer referral service, we offer professional support, advice and training. Whether you’re thinking of involving your first volunteer or you support hundreds, our website is a valuable resource with lots of tools and advice.
We will guide you through the process and help you
- Register with our service so that you can access our services
- Develop role adverts to appeal to your target volunteers
- Advertise your volunteer opportunities through our national online I-VOL database and start recruiting
Advice and Support
Ongoing advice and support is available through our
- Volunteer Referral Service will forward the details of anyone interested in volunteering with you
- Health-Check Clinics where you can discuss your needs, get advice and meet other volunteer managers
- Day to day support by phone and email for any queries you have. Our Organisation Support Officer is available for site visits and offers face-to-face advice
Promoting your Organisation
We can highlight the work of your organisation and the opportunities to get involved, through
- Social media channels, our Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as monthly e-zine to volunteers
- LinkedIn Volunteer Marketplace will automatically advertise volunteer opportunities requiring professional skills, e.g. a Board member, IT Consultant or Financial Assistant
- Volunteer Information Fairs and events where you can meet and chat to potential volunteers
- National Volunteering Week activities and media coverage during May
Building your Capacity
We will help build your capacity through our resources and calendar of training and events
- Toolkit of handy guides and templates to help you at every stage, whether you’re creating an application form, looking for tips on interviewing or updating your volunteer policy
- Blog posts and e-zine focusing on capacity building topics
- Volunteer Leadership Training and workshops
- Volunteer Managers Network meetings
- Dublin Volunteer Managers Seminar
- Garda Vetting Service – we provide a Garda Vetting service for not-for-profit groups in the Dublin City area.
- Bespoke Training/Consultancy – talk to us about your needs.
Register your organisation with us today and start to benefit from our supports and services.
To discuss your needs and see how we can support you best, please contact your Organisation Support Officer Frances Hayden
email@example.com or (01) 473 7482
Created by Vickie Muldowney, Marketing & Communication Specialist